Wednesday, November 20, 2013

3 new blouses, 1 dress/tunic and yards of stash reduced

Hi group~I have been diligently working through some stash, and found the perfect patterns to use.  S 3530 is a Pattern Runway pattern for a dress or tunic, and has loads of variations possible for sleeves, yoke, trims and length.  It's OOP but I think it is totally worth picking up.  It is not a great pattern for someone just starting out-there are pleats, a circular yoke, odd shaped sleeves and a confusing set of instructions.  Recommended for intermediate and beyond or a beginner with grit.


The next pattern is a quick sew and makes up into a feminine blouse.  I actually made three blouses from V 8906, and will definitely make more.  This is one of those patterns which will get ironed onto interfacing in order to save it for the future.  It has 2 sets of darts front and back, magyar sleeves and a soft V neck formed when the blouse is buttoned.




So, here are some photos of my "makes", and a link to my blog post for those interested.  I will be
writing and posting complete reviews over at PR in the next day or so.  V 8906 below
Simplicity 3530 on my dressform:  




Stash used: V 8906 5 yards total
                  S 3530 3 yards total 

        
             Grand total 8 yards!!

       kf-biblioblog




5 comments:

MrsSmith said...

some serious stash busting! I love them all but the black & white top the most! Nice work!!!!!!

MrsSmith said...

some serious stash busting! I love them all but the black & white top the most! Nice work!!!!!!

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Wow... you have been using up some stash.. and really making some cute clothes..Love them.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Mary, this is a lovely little blouse - I've seen the pattern and said "pass"but it does make up nicely. The tunic is gorgeous with it's multitone look.

Congrats on the 8 yards - I'm having one of those months that is eating into sewing my stash time.

Zoë said...

Love the makes, you picked some great patterns!