Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I sewed.... a bra

The bra experiment is over.
 And, it wasn't really that hard.  I didn't have a wide closure in stash, which makes the back not as pretty as I would like, but overall, this was a great way to use up scraps.  I only used the uncut parts of the yard used for my leggings.  The pattern is ohhlulu's Jasmine bra, which I made with the stretch velvet and a really lightweight and soft black jersey as lining.  I see more of these in my future!  The only thing I need to do now is get some wider closures.  I actually used two of them side by side for this one, but it isn't a great solution.

7 comments:

Dottie Doodle said...

Pretty! Another pattern for my list.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

That's a really great little bra- doesn't look too complicated for a first bra. Might have to get the pattern too.

Alessa said...

Ooh wow, bra sewing! I really like the fabric you used! :) Does it fit well? I'm playing with the idea of trying my hand at bra sewing and I'm on the lookout for patterns...
As for Star Trek inspiration for athletic sewing, I got my dress inspiration from the Star Trek Wiki, Memory Alpha, which has a good post on uniforms. My dress type of uniform is called a "skant uniform" and doing an image search with that term also gets nice results, I think there's even a couple of tutorials out there. :)

Candyce Nicole said...

Pretty! And a great idea for remnant fabric.

Mary said...

It's pretty, and a great use of scraps.

Heather said...

This bra fits well and is really really comfy. I didn't make any changes to the large size except to take a bit off the back strap, but the princess seams should allow pretty easy modification for larger/smaller cup size.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

So pretty.