Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I sewed something!

Well, the excitement of October is now over.  I managed to finally sew buttonholes and hems on my silk Archer shirt.
This used up almost every little bit of the 2 meters of fabric I bought in Milan.  I know it isn't perfect, but can you tell?  I found some steely gray buttons that I thought worked well with this print.  Then, I whipped up another pair of Virginia leggings, this time out of some textured stretch velvet that I bought in London.  This time I removed that extra fabric from the crotch.  I think I have mastered the legging pattern!


Look at how crooked they cut this fabric!  Well, I have a small piece left, so I think this is a good contender for my first sewn bra.  
2 yds silk for the shirt
1 yd stretch velvet for the leggings.

4 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

That silk shirt is yummy, and the buttons are beautiful. The textured fabric looks fantastic as leggings - the whole outfit looks great. Good luck with the bra :)

KathyS said...

Wow! The shirt and leggings look fantastic together. Isn't it annoying when they cut fabric crooked. I've had that happen to me, too. I also wish you good luck with the bra. You are braver than I am.

Mary said...

fabulous shirt, and outfit!!

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Such pretty fabric.. Great outfit.