Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas and the 2014 Make a Garment a Month Challenge...

Hello Style the Stash sewists,

The year is almost over and we have sewn lots of stash - so far a minimum of  760 yards. There are a lot of unquantified  garments, so the total must be over 800 yards.  What a fantastic effort from all of you.

I've noticed that every challenge has a natural trajectory, and I think this challenge is no exception.  Over time, people need to do other things, and the challenge slowly dwindles.  This one is as well, and that is as it should be.

So I think this blog should close at the end of the year.  For those of you still interested in sewing along with others, I have started a new challenge -the Make a Garment a Month Challenge - you will find it here.  Some of you are already taking part in this challenge, but if you are not, and would like to join, just send me an email - my address is stylishsarah251@gmail.com.

I'll write the final post for this blog on the 31st of December.

I would like to thank you all for taking part in this stash busting sew-a-long and making it such a success.  I'd also like to wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Sewing Year.

Sarah Liz

3 comments:

L said...

Wow, what a feat! I sewed some stash too, but failed to report it here. Kudos to everyone who participated.

Sarah Liz said...

You are forgiven L :)

Scheryka said...

Awe. I've enjoyed the time with everyone. Great job, Sarah, for hosting. Thank you. You've done a good job with managing, posting, sewing, etc.... Hopefully I'll get see (and possibly join and participate) over at the other blog.