Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Simplicity 3961


Well, I cannot believe I actually have an item to post on this blog considering I fell off the radar for a few months LOL

The above skirt was made from approximately 2 yards of fabric I have had in my stash for at least 2 years.   I used piping to break up the front and back skirt panels since the fabric is so busy.   I inserted a lapped zipper and used snaps at the waistband in lieu of buttons.

The skirt is a little big on me since I have lost some weight and did not take that into consideration.  It can still be worn though so that is all that matters to me.

5 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Beautiful skirt..

Dorothy DotDot said...

It's nice and another fashion addition to your closet!

Sarah Liz said...

It's a very pretty skirt - and with waistbands that sit at the waist, a little weight loss means the skirt can still be worn.

KathyS said...

Very pretty skirt. The colours are lovely.

Scheryka said...

I love the print and the colors. I can understand falling off the radar myself. But we're back, huh? Lol